Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Henry Box Brown answers a 20-year prayer request

A prayer of my heart twenty years ago is about to be answered!

I heard about the Christian Cultural Center, the largest church in New York City and one of the largest independent churches in the US, shortly after moving here in 1993. As I started to develop my own one-man plays it was on my heart to perform there some day.

I play an abolitionist in Henry Box Brown, a musical that tells the story of a slave who ships himself in a box from Richmond, Virginia, to Philadelphia and freedom in 1848. Though it's not one of my one-man plays, this musical is answering my prayer of two decades, because we'll be performing at CCC three times:
February 10, 8 AM and 10:30 AM
20-minute version
Directions at www.CCCInfo.org, where you can live-stream the 10:30 AM Eastern service.

February 15, 10-1pm
Full musical
Click here to register (first come first registered)
Hope you can see this miraculous production live or online!

You can see my Facebook Live announcement by clicking here.

Since recording that registrations were opened for the performance on February 15, and you can find all the details on this page, which you can find at www.RichDrama.com/HenryBoxBrown.


Another reason I'm excited to be a part of Henry Box Brown is that I've been performing my own one-man play about an abolitionist since 1995. A Clear Leading tells the story of John Woolman, a Quaker who spoke against slavery a century before our Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment