Wednesday, May 4, 2016

One film now, another on the way

Our poster was miraculously in the main
lobby of AMC Empire. It could have gone
anywhere in the labyrinth of 25 screens.
I played the adult male lead role of Mitchell Little in the modern silent film, Providence, which had a limited nationwide theatrical release through AMC Independent and opened Valentine's Weekend. I tried to stay on top of the reviews at the bottom of www.RichDrama.com/Providence.

One of the venues in February was the historical AMC Empire Theatre on Times SquareClick here to see how that was an answer to an eight-year prayer.

Providence is now beginning to roll out across the land, and you can schedule a screening in your area.

It will be available on DVD and digital download starting May 24, but you can pre-order now.

I helped create a promotional video at
the Christian Worldview Film Festival.
I was cast as the lead in the short film "A Matter of Perspective," which will be filmed in beautiful Southern Oregon, where I was born and raised. I'll get to stay on our family farm while we're filming! 

This is such an answer to prayer, since that was the area where I was inspired to act by seeing plays produced by the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, taking part in workshops with their actors, and performing at our high school and with our church's youth group. 

That church, Medford Friends Church, is hosting Providence while I'm in the area, on June 24 at 6:30pm. 

My connection to the filmmakers of "A Matter of Perspective" is miraculous! We met at the Family Camp for the Southern Oregon chapter of Joni and Friends. To see how that came about visit www.RichDrama.com/Joni. Then we found out that the director, Mike Hill, was a student of Larry Smith, who has been a good friend of my father since they were in the third grade! Larry gave me my only photography lesson just before I went to Hong Kong. Then he helped me set up the slides that I showed to the many families and organizations that made the trip possible.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Lord does through this short film! 

We're lining up a number of people and resources to make "A Matter of Perspective" happen. Visit AMatterOfPerspective.us and wherever you live please visit our IndieGoGo site and pray about helping. 

If you live in Southern Oregon and didn't get an email with specific requests, please send me a note through the form at the bottom of this page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment